Invisible hazards can originate from the release of toxic gases, oxygen deficiency, or the presence of combustible gases/vapors. As with fire detection, proactive gas detection enables countermeasures to be taken to protect personnel and property from such unseen dangers.
VESDA ECO by XtralisVESDA ECO combines aspirating smoke detection with gas detection and environmental monitoring. It uses an existing VESDA pipe network to actively sample air for the presence of smoke as well as hazardous/combustible gases. Integration with other building systems (FACP, PLC, HVAC and BMS) delivers real-time situational awareness and intelligent emergency response, including the activation of demand-controlled ventilation to save energy and control costs.
VESDA ECO Benefits
- Leverages existing VESDA pipe networks to cost effectively detect both smoke and gas in addition to providing environmental monitoring
- Provides detection for multiple gases through simple expansion without major construction or retrofitting
- Reduces energy consumption and costs through demand-controlled ventilation
- Conditions air to remove dirt, particulates, moisture, poisonous agents, and cross-interference gases
- Works in harsh environments
- Provides non-intrusive detection for aesthetics or to prevent vandalism
- Enables centralized monitoring and communication with building systems for real-time awareness
- Integrates easily with FACP/PLC/HVAC/BMS
Gas Detection and Ranges
Each VESDA ECO detector can house up to two gas sensors, and additional detectors can be added easily to the pipe network to monitor more gases if required.
VESDA ECO provides early warning of toxic, oxygen and flammable gas hazards to protect personnel and property whilst ensuring business continuity. Application environments include:
- Battery-charging rooms
- Underground utility tunnels
- Boiler plant rooms
- Commercial kitchens
- Parking garages
- Utility / service tunnels
- Refrigerated stores and plant rooms
- Water treatment and sewerage plants
- Power generation plants
- Metal processing plants