THE INERT GAS SYSTEM SO SAFE IT EVEN PROTECTS YOUR BUDGET.
Inert gas systems are the safe, natural way to extinguish a fire. We’ve taken the solution to the next level. Fike’s PROINERT offers all the benefits of other inert gas systems with several significant design improvements. You’ll find the PROINERT solution is safer and more economical than any other system on the market.
Most inert gas systems discharge from the containers at high pressure, then use pressure reducers further down the pipe network. This system layout requires both high-pressure and low-pressure piping to handle the extinguishant as it travels to the discharge nozzle.
PROINERT is different. Our superior cylinder valve automatically reduces the pressure of the extinguishant at discharge. We provide an ideal discharge pressure and maintain a constant flow rate throughout the system. That means you can forget about expensive
high-pressure piping. With PROINERT, you can use small-diameter, low-pressure piping from the container all the way to the nozzle, lowering your system costs.
Most inert gas systems discharge from the nozzle into the protected space with a high surge flow rate, creating a potentially hazardous
pressure peak. Consequently, a large venting area must be installed, to protect the integrity of the protected space and your employees. In addition, industry regulations state that 95% of the required inert agent must discharge within 60 seconds after activation. To achieve that discharge rate, our competitors’ inert systems must increase the already high surge flow rate, further
increasing the risk of damage.
PROINERT is better. Because of our unique, patented valve assembly, the ProInert agent enters the protected room within the required 60 seconds at a steady flow rate, preventing destructive turbulence from occurring. Therefore, only the amount of extinguishant you really need is discharged, and the necessary venting area is much smaller — you can reduce your installation
costs by as much as 60% on venting hardware!
ProInert is not only safer for your staff and facility, it also saves you money!
Fike’s PROINERT system is designed for superior long-distance delivery. Our storage containers and selector valves enable you to protect several rooms with one bank of containers stored far from the protected areas. PROINERT containers can be placed in virtually any non-critical area.
Think of the cost savings!
You no longer need to purchase, install and maintain several individual protection systems for your multi-risk facility. One PROINERT system does it all.
Here are the benefits of our all-natural extinguishant:
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) We simply borrow Argon and Nitrogen from nature. When released, they automatically return to their natural place in the environment.
- Zero Global Warming Potential (GWP) Argon and Nitrogen have no atmospheric lifetime, so they pose no risk to the environment.
- Similar To Air Density At discharge, the PROINERT gas mixture possesses a density similar to air. You can count on:
- Exceptional Extinguishant Hold Time
- Minimal Room Sealing Required
- Improved Penetration from Top to Bottom of the Protected Room
- Easy, Economical Refill and Real-Life Testing Because Argon and Nitrogen occur naturally in the environment, our extinguishant isreadily available and affordable. With PROINERT, real-life discharge testing is feasible.
- No Secondary Combustion Products Argon and Nitrogen do not decompose into toxic or corrosive non-conductive elements in
a fire, making it a safe choice for people, electronics and assets.
- No Fogging PROINERT is ideal for occupied spaces because escape routes remain visible.
- No Residue That means no damage to your equipment and no clean-up required.