When planning and designing your fire protection system, consider that a Chemetron NITROGEN system can meet the safety and quality standards for challenging industrial applications. Chemetron NITROGEN is an environmentally acceptable, peoplecompatible
fire extinguishing agent for vital facilities with a wide range of hazards.
NITROGEN operates as a fire suppressant by reducing the oxygen concentration to a point at which the fire will extinguish, while remaining at a level acceptable for human exposure for a short period of time. The Chemetron NITROGEN System offers:
• Low installation, recharge and maintenance costs
• Effective against fires in almost all combustible materials and flammable liquids
• Can be stored at low ambient temperature
• Automatic or manual release
• Total flooding application
• Minimum downtime after a fire
• Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
• Zero Global Warming Potential (GWP)
• No post-fire residues to clean up and will not damage protected equipment
• Is electronically non-conductive
• Safe for use in a wide range of sensitive applications where people are present
Chemetron NITROGEN can be used in a wide range of applications:
• Control Rooms
• Rare Book Libraries
• Record Storage Facilities
• Switch Rooms
• Universities and Colleges
• Art Galleries, Museums & Archive Storage
• Petrochemical Installations
• Pharmaceutical and Medical Facilities
• Telecommunication Centers
• Financial Centers and Banks
• Offshore Oil and Gas Installations
Room size, configuration and special hazard evaluations determine system design. An installation consists of one or more pressurized cylinders connected via a common manifold; with a choice of automatic, manual electric or manual pneumatic actuation. The valve design and cylinder size and pressure augment a properly calculated pipe and nozzle installation to ensure the agent is effectively released to the protected area.
Effective… NITROGEN is an inert gas that extinguishes fire based on the principle of oxygen depletion. In a closed space almost all fires are extinguished in less than 60 seconds when the oxygen concentration falls below 15%. NITROGEN reduces the oxygen concentration to approximately 12.5%, an acceptable level for human exposure over short periods of time.
Safe… In occupied areas, people can breathe NITROGEN at extinguishing concentrations without fear. There are no toxicological factors associated with its use and it will not decompose or produce any by-products when exposed to a flame. A NITROGEN discharge will not create a fogging effect -therefore vision is not compromised or obscured.
Fast-Acting… Most NITROGEN systems are designed to extinguish fires with a minimum agent concentration of 36% within one minute.
Green… NITROGEN is an inert gas found naturally in the atmosphere. At room temperature it is a colorless, odorless gas. It is environmentally neutral, having zero ozone depletion potential (ODP) and zero global warming potential (GWP).
Recognized… By the top independent listing and approval agencies including ULC and FM.