Fire Protection for Special hazards
The Chemetron CARDOX™ Low-Pressure Carbon Dioxide (CO2) System is a cost effective solution when used to protect areas that require multiple suppression cycles, expansion capabilities, numerous hazards or more than 3000 lbs of CO2. As the premier Low Pressure CO2 System manufacturer, Chemetron has led the way in establishing industry standards.
CO2 is an odorless, colorless, inert gas that extinguishes fire primarily by diluting the oxygen that supports combustion. It is applied by either the “total flooding” or “local application”method. CO2 is not recommended for normally occupied spaces, except when other means of fire protection are not effective.
Total flooding delivers CO2 into an enclosure until the fire is extinguished. For open hazards, the CO2 local application method blankets the hazard extinguishing the flames and cooling the hazard. In “total flooding”, the enclosure of the hazard protected is flooded to a proper concentration. In “local application”, CO2 is directly applied in the proper amount at the rate required to cover the protected hazard.
Why choose chemetron?
We are a leader in the fire protection industry. We have innovated many products and extinguishing system design techniques. We design and manufacture CARDOX Low and High Pressure Carbon Dioxide and CAFex™ Clean Agent fire suppression systems.
Our full line of conventional and addressable electronic control panels finish the package to provide a complete system solution.
Our network of certified personnel and best-in-class distributors have the training, experience and technical skills to provide you with all of the services needed to keep your property protected. We offer the following services: application engineering; inspection and testing; emergency repairs; hazard analysis; NFPA upgrades; safety, maintenance and operation site procedure; venting analysis; room integrity testing and more.
• CO2 is fast, efficient, cost-effective and adaptable for a wide range of hazards
• Multi-hazard, high risk protection can be designed to provide automatic, simultaneous discharge for a variety of hazards and
• Non-damaging to property and electrically non-conductive
• Bulk low pressure CO2 storage units are suitable for indoor or outdoor placement
• Utilizes well established safety means to minimize risks to personnel
• Coal Handling, Grinding and Storage Systems
• Warehouses and Flammable Materials Storage
• High Voltage Switchgear Buildings
• Manufacturing and Industrial Processes
• Automotive Industry
• Power Generation Enclosures
• Printing Applications
• Rolling Mills and Metal Processing
• Fume Handling Systems
• Cement Plants
• Industrial Fryer Process Lines
Cardox Low-Pressure CO2 Features:
• Fast… Within seconds, CO2 penetrates the entire hazard area to smother the fire before it can develop into a costly event.
• Economical… Low-Pressure CO2 is less expensive to replenish and requires a smaller footprint for agent storage. Multiple discharges of system are possible without switch over to the reserve.
• Low Maintenance… Low-Pressure CO2 systems do not require hydrostatic testing…..ever. Fill connections are easily accessed without the involvement of plant personnel. The liquid-level gauge continuously monitors the amount of agent stored eliminating the need to verify weight.
• No Clean Up… CO2 leaves no residue, eliminating the need for a time consuming and costly clean-up. Additionally, CO2 is electrically nonconductive and does not cause spoilage of organic materials.
• Efficient… CO2 vapor chokes off combustion quickly. In a Low Pressure system, reserve supply is obtained without complicated manifolds or valves.
• Eco-Friendly… CO2 is a basic element of the atmosphere and a naturally occurring by-product of combustion. Its use has no long-lasting environmental impact.
• Adaptive… CO2 is effective on a wide range of flammable and combustible materials in both surface and deep-seated fires. Low-Pressure systems allow multiple hazard protection from a common piping system.