Bigger and Better—Exceptional aspirated smoke detection system designed to protect from medium to large applications.
AIR-Intelligence ASD-640 has unmatched sensitivity potential, providing the very earliest warning of incipient fire with minimum nuisance alarms for medium to large applications.
Optimal Performance and Reliablity
The ASD-640 embodies many unique features to maximize performance and increase reliability compared to other aspirated smoke detection systems. It utilizes ClassiFire, a patented Perceptive Artificial Intelligence system which ensures that it operates at optimum sensitivity for the protected environment. As an example, the detector adjusts to become highly sensitive in a computer room or reduces sensitivity for a flour mill.
ClassiFire automatically configures the detector during initial setup and in operation, automatically adjusting the sensitivity to optimum levels for changes in the protected environment. The Laser Dust Discrimination (LDD) and Elimination System makes it
suitable for a wide range of environments, including those extremely dusty or dirty.
The ASD-640 provides four alarm levels and has sensitivity ranges extending from ‘hypersensitive’ to ‘low’ sensitivity (0.00046 to 7.62% obscuration/ft. or 0.0015 – 25% obscuration/m). It allows complete concealment of sampling pipes and connection cables with rear-entry as standard option. Enclosure options include a molded metal enclosure and a lightweight plastic enclosure. Recommended maximum sampling pipe length is 650 feet (198 m) with 100 sample ports.
The ASD-640 has ‘Fault’ and four ‘Alarm’ relays, plus three programmable remote control inputs for one interface with fire alarm panels and BMS systems. Addressable Protocol Interface Cards (APIC) are available for various manufacturers’ fire panels.
• Rugged metal or lightweight plastic enclosure.
• Stand-alone detector or integral Command Module for central monitoring and display.
• LCD display or no-display versions.
• SenseNET remote monitoring compatible – up to 127 detectors per loop.
• Remote Display Units available.
• Ideal for medium to large applications.
• High sensitivity provided by laser-based forward light scatter for reliable early warning.
• Unique ClassiFire™ Perceptive Artificial Intelligence system dynamically adjusts operating parameters.
• Patented Dual Technology LDD 3D3™ Laser Dust Discrimination and Elimination System precludes unwanted alarms due to dust.
• Built-in RS-485 communications for networking and remote communications.
• Four (4) sampling pipes; up to 650 feet maximum total length and 100 sampling ports.
PC Remote Software
All AIR-Intelligence detectors are supplied with PC remote software, permitting easy system configuration, viewing of event
log, diagnostic checking of system and the ability to view ClassiFire Artificial Intelligence in real-time.
Key Application Factors:
• Mission critical – very early detection is required.
• High air flow is present.
• Environment is hostile.
• Concealment is required.
• Areas subject to smoke stratification.
• Maintenance access is impractical.