Accelerating technological changes are transforming the way we live and conduct business. When planning and designing a fire protection system, consider that a Chemetron Argonite System can meet the safety and quality standards for challenging industry applications, and that Argonite has been tested and approved by regulatory bodies throughout the world.
Benefits of a Chemetron Argonite System:
• Low installation, recharge and maintenance costs
• Effective against fires in almost all combustible materials and flammable liquids
• Lower ambient temperature storage
• Can be integrated with existing detection and alarm systems
• Automatic or manual release
• Total flooding application
• Minimum downtime after a fire
Chemetron Argonite can be used in a wide range of applications:
• Computer Operations
• Control Rooms
• Financial Centers and Banks
• Rare Book Libraries
• Record Storage Facilities
• Switch Rooms
• Universities & Museums
Chemetron Argonite System components are manufactured to meet exacting specifications that follow strict quality controls. Our manufacturing process, certified within the international quality system, provides solutions that ensure reliability, security and continuity of service for our customers.
- Effective. Argonite is an inert gas that extinguishes fire based on the principle of oxygen depletion. In a closed space almost all fires are extinguished in less than 60 seconds when the oxygen concentration falls below 15%. Argonite reduces the oxygen concentration to approximately 12.5%, an acceptable level for human exposure over short periods of time.
- Safe. Argonite extinguishes fire by physically removing oxygen from the atmosphere. In occupied areas, people can breathe Argonite at extinguishing concentrations without fear. There are no toxicological factors associated with the use of Argonite and it will not decompose or produce any by-products when exposed to a flame from a fire condition.
- Fast-Acting. Most Argonite systems are designed to extinguish fires with a minimum agent concentration of 37.5% within one minute.
- Eco-Friendly. At room temperature it is a colorless, odorless gas. It is environmentally neutral, having zero (0) Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and zero (0) Global Warming Potential (GWP).
- Recognized. By the top independent listing and approval agencies including ULC and FM.